You can cook Korean Kimchi using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Kimchi
- It’s 2 inch of ginger.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Korean chilli flakes.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of green onions.
- Prepare 1 of daikon radish.
- Prepare 1 of napa cabbage.
Korean Kimchi step by step
- So cut the cabbage in two and cut the half in half.
- Cut it into a few parts and put it into a large bowl and over season that cabbage with salt, make sure every one of the cabbage gets that salt,put it aside for 1 hour.
- I used only half a daikon radish, cut it julienne.
- Do the same for the carrots and chop some spring onions as well.
- After your cabbage is marinated in that salt there will actually be allot of water and the cabbage will shrink, rinse well if not it’ll be quite salty put in the rest of your vegetables with your cabbage (carrots, radish, green onion).
- Blend the garlic and ginger with the fish sauce and add the Korean chilli powder or flakes into the paste use less if you can’t take spicy or more if you love the kick.
- Mix well until you reach a paste.
- Put the paste into the vegetable and mix well, please use gloves if you can it can irritate sensitive hands so use gloves if you can, after mixing transfer it into a glass jar or container and store it in room temperature for 4-6 days depending on your taste DO NOT AIR TIGHT SEAL IT MAKE SURE THERES AIR, after it reaches to the liking of your taste store it in your fridge for up to 3 months.
- And there you go KIMCHI.