You can cook Easy Kimchi using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Kimchi
- It’s 1 head of Napa cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Chilli powder – if you like spicy, can put 2 cups or 2 n half cups.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fermented shrimp.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fish sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of (inch) Ginger.
- It’s 1 large of Onion.
- You need of Porridge.
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Rice flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need of Vege.
- You need 1 cup of Radish – jullien cut.
- Prepare 1 cup of Carrot – jullien cut.
- It’s 3 bunch of Green onions (chopped).
Easy Kimchi step by step
- Cut the cabbage bite size. Wash it and drained the water..
- Sprinkled salt into cabbage. Leave it to sit for 30 minutes. Turn the cabbage for every 30 minutes, this is to ensure the cabbage are 'marinated' well. I do it 3 times so total is 2 hours..
- Wash the cabbage thoroughly – like 3 times wash and rinse. Drained the cabbage.
- For the porridge: Mixed water and rice flour on stove with medium heat. Cooked for 9 minutes. Add sugar and reduce the heat. Cook until it become shiny. Off the heat and let it cool..
- For the garlic paste : blend garlic, ginger, onion, fish sauce and fermented shrimp together..
- Mix garlic paste with chilli powder and cooled porridge. Then add the veges and mix till incorporate..
- Add in cabbage. Mix well and put it in container. Store it in refrigerator. Make sure to push the cabbage down from time to time so that it will soaked with kimchi sauce. DONE!.