Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste. Stewed mackerel with Gochujang sauce, radish, pumpkin and Kimchi, Korean food. Gochujang (fermented red chili pepper paste) is a condiment that's spicy, savory, slightly sweet, and pungent. It adds lots of spicy, robust flavors to this simple stew which is made with a few very ordinary ingredients such as zucchini and potatoes.
Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Pike Mackerel Stew or Kkongchi Jorim is a great easy recipe to make from canned pike mackerel or fresh. Serve with rice and lettuce wraps. You can have Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste
- Prepare 2 fillets of Mackerel.
- You need 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- It’s 1 of knob Ginger.
- Prepare 200 ml of Japanese leek (or green onion).
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Gochujang.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 133 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Sesame seeds.
If gochujang hasn't made it to your pantry yet, this stew recipe would also work with virtually any miso. Wondering if I used the correct chili paste. It's Gochujang Hot Pepper Paste, in a red plastic Came together super quickly. I didn't have any daikon radish, so added some frozen mixed.
Mother's Stewed Mackerel and Daikon Radish with Gochujiang Chilli Paste step by step
- Cut each fillet into 3 even pieces. Sprinkle lightly with salt and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour to firm up the flesh..
- Peel the daikon radish and cut into 1-cm thick half rounds. Thinly slice the ginger. Cut the Japanese leek into 3-cm lengths. Grate or crush the garlic..
- Put the daikon radish in a sauce pan. (It will break apart while cooking if you add the fish first)..
- Add the mackerel, Japanese leek. ginger, grated garlic, and sake..
- Add the gochujiang, soy sauce, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer..
- Ladle the sauce over the fish occasionally to allow the mackerel to absorb the flavour. It's done when the daikon becomes tender. Sprinkle with plenty of sesame seeds..
Ingredient-wise, the daikon radish, zucchini and chili peppers are a must. Stewed mackerel with Gochujang sauce, radish, pumpkin and Kimchi Dakgalbi : One of Korean favorite : Korean spicy stir fried vegetable, chicken Traditional Korean soybean paste with sticky rice and fermented soybeans, dressed with red pepper in high concentration Gochujang – Korean spicy. Gochujang or red chili paste is a savory, sweet, and spicy fermented condiment made from chili powder, glutinous rice, meju (fermented soybean) powder, yeotgireum (barley malt powder), and salt. The Best Chinese Radish Recipes on Yummly Korean bulgogi, BBQ, pork done Vietnamese banh mi style with Vietnamese pickled daikon radish & carrots, kimchi, gochujang mayo and sesame mayo.