Jang Style Chicken – Recreating KFC Chicken.
You can have Jang Style Chicken – Recreating KFC Chicken using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jang Style Chicken – Recreating KFC Chicken
- Prepare 12 of Chicken wings.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ○Salt.
- You need 150 ml of ○Water.
- It’s 1 pinch of Black pepper.
- It’s of The jang sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Gochujang.
- You need 2 tbsp of each Sugar, sake, soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of Grated ginger.
- You need 1 clove of Grated garlic.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 drops Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of White sesame seeds (to finish).
- You need of The coating:.
- Prepare 1 of Egg white.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ＊Cake flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ＊Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ＊Curry powder.
Jang Style Chicken – Recreating KFC Chicken instructions
- Combine the ingredients marked with a ○ to make saltwater to soak the chicken wings. Cover the container tightly with plastic wrap. After 30 minutes, drain in a colander and season with pepper..
- In a small pan, combine all ingredients for the jang sauce except for the sesame oil and white sesame seeds. Simmer and reduce slightly. Turn the heat off, and add the sesame oil. Let it sit..
- Add the egg white into the chicken wings (Step 1). Rub it into the meat. Combine all ingredients marked with a ＊ in a plastic bag, and shake it to mix. Add the chicken wings in pairs into the bag and shake it for the coating..
- Deep-fry the chicken – 6 each – in 170℃ oil. Take them out when they're crusty and golden brown..
- Drain the oil well..
- While it's still hot, soak the top dry side into the jang sauce and transfer onto a serving dish. Use a spatula to pour over any remaining sauce. Sprinkle some white sesame seeds to finish..