Chinese-style Sweet & Spicy Simmered Daikon Radish and Chicken.
You can cook Chinese-style Sweet & Spicy Simmered Daikon Radish and Chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese-style Sweet & Spicy Simmered Daikon Radish and Chicken
- Prepare 1 of thigh Chicken thigh meat.
- Prepare 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- You need 1 of Japanese leek.
- It’s 200 ml of ★ Water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★ Sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★ Oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of ★ Gochujang.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ★ Chicken stock powder.
- Prepare 1 of knob ★ Ginger (julienned).
Chinese-style Sweet & Spicy Simmered Daikon Radish and Chicken instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Cut the daikon radish into chunks and parboil in the microwave. Cut the ginger into thin strips and cut the white part of the leek into very fine strips..
- Add sesame oil to a frying pan and cook the chicken skin side down. Flip the chicken..
- Add the daikon radish and cook until browned..
- Add the ★ ingredients. Cover with an otoshibuta (dropped lid) and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes (until the daikon radish is softened)..
- Arrange on a plate and garnish with the leeks..
- Easy in the Microwave How to Parboil Daikon Radish.If you parboil the daikon radish in the microwave first, it will cook faster when simmering. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143402-parboil-daikon-in-the-microwave.
- For how to make homemade gochujiang, see https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143344-easy-homemade-gochujang.