From Tsuruhashi, Osaka – Mum's Joen with Green Onion or Chinese Chives.
You can cook From Tsuruhashi, Osaka – Mum's Joen with Green Onion or Chinese Chives using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of From Tsuruhashi, Osaka – Mum's Joen with Green Onion or Chinese Chives
- Prepare 60 grams of ●Plain flour.
- Prepare 30 grams of ●Katakuriko.
- Prepare 100 grams of ●Water.
- You need 1 medium of ●Egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of or less ● Chinese soup stock.
- It’s 1 of ●Pepper.
- You need 100 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- You need 1/2 medium of ◎Onion.
- You need 6 of sliced and then julienned ◎Carrot.
- Prepare 3 large of ◎Dried shrimp.
- You need 100 grams of ◎Green onion (Japanese leeks or Chinese chives).
- You need 1 of Sesame oil.
- You need of For dipping sauce (for 2 joens).
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tablespoons Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of ad 1/2 tablespoons Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons Gochujang.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 teaspoons Sesame oil.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 of Ichimi spice.
- You need 1 of Sesame seeds.
From Tsuruhashi, Osaka – Mum's Joen with Green Onion or Chinese Chives step by step
- Mix the ● ingredients until smooth. Slice the onion thinly and julienne the carrot. Cut the green onion roughly into 3 cm lengths. Add the prepared vegetables into the ● mixture..
- As in this photo, thinly slice the thick white part of the green onion..
- Mix quickly..
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and transfer Step 2 into the pan (leave the floury liquid behind in the mixing bowl). At this point, the thickness of the joen is determined. If you'd like a thinner joen, spread Step 2 quickly..
- Arrange the thinly sliced pork on top….
- Pour with the floury liquid, which you saved in the mixing bowl at Step 3, thinly over the pork. It helps the pork stick to the joen (it is not always necessary)..
- Flip it over once the bottom is golden brown. Firmly press on the top and continue grilling until the center is cooked..
- Sprinkle around the joen with sesame oil to crisp up the surface. Your joen is done..
- When making the dipping sauce, add grated garlic or ra-yu to taste..
- These are Chinese chive joens. They don't look any different..
- Add squid or octopus if you like. They should be patted dry before adding as they have a lot of moisture..
- Before adding, coat the seafood with flour and shake off the excess. It helps them stick to the joen..
- : Cheese Jeon with Shio-kombu and Pork.