Yangnyeom Chicken ☆ Homemade. Apple vinegar, baking soda, canola oil, chicken, eggs, flour, garlic, ground black pepper, hot pepper paste, ketchup, potato starch powder, rice syrup, salt, sweet rice flour. When I lived in Korea, this type of chicken was called yangnyeom-tongdak. As I mentioned in the video Traditionally a small whole chicken was cut into chunks, coated in batter or dried ingredients, fried, and mixed with a sweet, sour, and spicy sauce.
Fast food restaurant in Baliuag, Bulacan. Yangnyeom chicken is double deep fried chicken that is coated with sticky, spicy and sweet sauce. In my opinion, the taste and the sensation is almost magical! You can cook Yangnyeom Chicken ☆ Homemade using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yangnyeom Chicken ☆ Homemade
- You need 10 of Chicken wings, drumettes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Grated garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Grated ginger.
- You need 1 of Katakuriko.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Gochujang.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chili sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Honey or sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of White stalk of Japanese leek (minced).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Frying oil.
Also, Korean fried chicken is often associated with beer. Yangnyeom chicken is a double deep-fried chicken smothered in a sticky, spicy and sweet red sauce. It's one of many variations of Korean fried chicken Take out the cooked chicken and place them on a paper towel. Once the deep frying of all chicken is completed, using a skimmer, quickly scoop out.
Yangnyeom Chicken ☆ Homemade instructions
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then coat in grated garlic and ginger..
- Lightly remove the garlic and ginger. Soak the chicken in a beaten egg, sprinkle on katakuriko, then deep fry..
- To check the temperature of the oil, drop the batter into the oil. It's the right temperature if it first sinks, then immediately rises to the top. Deep fry for about 8 minutes over low-medium heat..
- After 8 minutes, remove the chicken from the oil, then drain for 3 minutes to cook in residual heat..
- Next, deep fry the chicken in hotter oil. Remove from the oil after they turn a nice golden brown. This will make the outside light and crisp..
- Combine all of the ingredients listed from the gochujang to sake, and heat. Simmer it to blend the flavors, then turn off the heat..
- Don't boil the sauce. If adding sugar, I recommend adding more sake. Evaporate the alcohol, if so desired..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Coat the fried chicken in the sauce..
- They're ready to be served!.
If you like your chicken fried and spicy, yangnyeom dak is for you. In this amazing dish, batter-fried chicken gets a good toss in a spicy-sweet tomato sauce. Yangnyeom dak is a favorite for takeout in South Korea, and several franchise chains serve their own version made with top-secret recipes. Home made Gochujang (Korean Chili Paste) is simply the best and making it is easier than you might think. Keyword: chili paste, fermentation, korean chili paste.