Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl.
You can cook Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl
- You need 600 grams of Thinly sliced beef.
- It’s 4 of servings Cooked rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- It’s 4 of eggs Onsen tamago (soft poached egg).
- It’s of Sukiyaki Sauce.
- You need 280 ml of Dashi stock.
- You need 60 ml of Mirin.
- It’s 60 ml of Sake.
- Prepare 80 ml of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s of Gyuudon (white).
- You need 5 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Shredded nori seaweed.
- Prepare of Gyuudon (red).
- It’s 1 of Spicy miso.
- Prepare 1 of Chili threads.
- Prepare of Deluxe Spicy Miso.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Doubanjiang.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Gochujang.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Tianmianjiang.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1/2 clove of Grated garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chicken stock granules.
Tokyo-style Gyuudon Beef Rice Bowl instructions
- First make the soft poached eggs. Wash the room temperature eggs and place into a plastic bag. Place into the rice cooker with the already cooked rice. Let stand for 1 hour..
- Make the deluxe spicy miso. Combine all of the ingredients, let sit for 10 minutes and it's done..
- Make the sukiyaki sauce. Pour the sake and mirin into a pot and turn on the heat. Once the alcohol has cooked off, add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. It's done..
- Cut the onion into 6-7 mm slices and separate each slice. Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces..
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and cook the onions. Once the onions have become slightly transparent, add the sukiyaki sauce. Bring it to a boil and then add the beef..
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for no less than 3 minutes. Cook thoroughly. Even though it's beef, if it's not cooked enough there is still a risk of food poisoning..
- Top the bowls of rice with the beef. Break a soft poached egg into the center of the beef and sprinkle with threaded chili pepper around the egg..
- This completes the red gyuudon..
- Place butter next to the egg and top with shredded nori, this completes the white gyuudon..