You can have Kimchi Mandu using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kimchi Mandu
- Prepare 25 of dumpling wrappers large.
- You need of Some water in a small boal (to help with sealing girl wrapper).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Kimchi (abt. 2 weeks + old), finely chopped.
- You need 250 g of tofu (firm),minced.
- You need 200 g of mung bean sprouts, parboiled and finely chopped.
- You need 130 g of minced pork (of beef).
- It’s 1/2 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 10 g of garlic chives, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of fine sea salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need A few of sprinkles of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water to use in pan (you'll need more each batch).
Kimchi Mandu instructions
- Combine and mix the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl..
- Place a dumpling wrapper on your palm and add the filling in the centre of the wrapper. Dip your finger in the water and wet one edge of the dumpling wrapper. Seal the wrapper then place it on a non – stick flat surface..
- Repeat step 2 until you use all of the remaining ingredient..
- Cook Mandu by your preference..
- Pan fried mandu: In a well heated pan add some cooking oil. Place some mandu and cook over medium heat until the bottom of the mandu is golden brown (2 to 3 mins). Reduce the heat to medium to medium low. Add the water and put the lid on to cook with the steam. This will ensure the meat is thoroughly cooked without burning. Your mandu will be ready to eat then most of the watet disappeard in the pan (in about 5 mins)..
- Steamed mandu: Place some non stick materials on Steamer (e.g. cabbage leafs or baking paper) and place the mandu in it. Make sure the mandu are not touching each other. Put the lid on. Place the steamer over boiling water (in a sauce pan) and cook the mandu for fifteen to twenty minutes on medium low heat..
- Serve the mandu on a plate while still hot and with korean dumpling sauce..