Spicy Korean Chicken Hot Pot (Daktoritang).
You can cook Spicy Korean Chicken Hot Pot (Daktoritang) using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Korean Chicken Hot Pot (Daktoritang)
- Prepare of Marinade for the chicken:.
- You need 1 pinch of of each Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Lemon juice (or vinegar).
- You need 1 of whole Chicken (400 grams).
- You need 2 of Potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Japanese leek.
- It’s 1 each of Chili peppers (green and red).
- You need 1200 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 of Katakuriko with water (1:2 ratio mixture).
- You need of Seasonings:.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Gochujang.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of of each, Honey, sugar and grated garlic.
- It’s 1/3 tbsp of Ginger (grated).
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of Salt (to taste).
Spicy Korean Chicken Hot Pot (Daktoritang) step by step
- You can use any part of the chicken you like but I prefer meat with bones. I used a whole chicken this time..
- Cut the chicken into big bite sizes and marinate for at least 10 minutes. Parboil the chicken pieces in boiling water..
- Cut the vegetables into bite sizes and combine the seasonings..
- Rinse the boiled chicken to remove the excess fat..
- Pour over 6 cups of water and the seasonings into a pot and bring to the boil. After coming to the boil add the carrot, onion and potatoes. Cook over a law to medium heat..
- After 10 minutes add the chicken and simmer over a low to medium heat..
- After the soup is reduced to 2/3 add the Japanese leek and simmer..
- After the soup is reduced to half, add the katakuriko with water and stir well. Add the chilis, stir, and it's ready to eat!.