Korean Fried Dumplings.
You can have Korean Fried Dumplings using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Fried Dumplings
- You need 1 lb of Ground pork.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Shredded carrot.
- You need 2 of Scallions.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Frank's Red Hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Egg, beaten.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of Kosher salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 40 of Round dumplings (potsticker/gyoza wrappers).
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable or peanut oil.
- You need of Dipping Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of White sesame seeds, toasted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Toasted sesame oil.
Korean Fried Dumplings instructions
- Make the dipping sauce. In a small pan over medium heat, combined the sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Tossed and stir until the sesame seeds are shiny, slightly golden, and fragrant, about one minute. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool. In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cooled sesame seeds and red pepper flakes..
- Make the filling. In a large bowl, combine the pork, garlic, carrots, scallions, sesame seed oil, hot sauce, egg, red pepper flakes, salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix well with your hands..
- Assemble the dumplings. The little bowl with water. Place a wonton wrapper flour side up on a flat surface. Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of the pork mixture in the center of the wrapper. Dip your finger in the water, then trace and wet the outer edge of the wrapper, folding it over to make a half circle. Press the dough together to seal, pushing air out as you work around the edge. Repeat with the remaining dumplings..
- Fried the dumplings. Heat one quarter inch of oil in a heavy bottomed skillet with the lid over medium-high heat. Fry the dumplings in batches until golden on the bottom, about three minutes. Add one ice cube, then quickly put the lid on the pan to steam the dumplings until tender, about four minutes. Transfer to a plate. Serve with the soy dipping sauce. Store any extra dipping sauce in the refrigerator..