You can have Kimchi Stew using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kimchi Stew
- You need 1/2 C. of Napa Kimchi (range from 1/4-1 cup), Chopped.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of Gochujang Paste (Add more or less for spice.).
- Prepare 1 C. of Chicken Broth (Add Salt if Unsalted).
- It’s 2 C. of Water (Ratio can be changed with Chicken Broth).
- You need 1 Tsp. of Gochujang Powder (Add more or less for spice.).
- Prepare 1/2 of lbs. Hot Italian Sausage, Seared, then Cube.
- Prepare 1 of Mini Seedless Cucumber, Thinly Sliced (Optional).
- It’s 1/4 C. of Enoki Mushrooms, Diced (Optional).
- You need 1/2 C. of Beansprouts (Optional).
- It’s 4 of Dumplings (Kimchi Dumplings- Optional).
- You need 1 C. of White Rice.
Kimchi Stew step by step
- Start your 1 Cup of White rice and then prepare all your ingredients. I normally chop all my veggies and then flatten out my sausage into a long thin (1/2 inch or less) slice. But you could cube it up on this step instead of later..
- Heat up your water and broth in one pot, and start up a pan to sear your sausage. Prioritize your sausage. Brown both sides and then let it rest, it doesn't need to be cooked through since we'll be boiling it in the stew next..
- I normally use the sliced cucumbers here as the pan is cooling off to absorb some of the flavors, then add then into the stew in the next step..
- When the pot is hot, add in your Gochujang paste and chopped kimchi. Mix, then let it rise to a boil. Once Boiling, add in your sausage (chopped, letting it rest should've made it nearly done.), then all your other ingredients..
- I let my stew boil till my rice is done, so you might need to prep sooner or later based on its average cook time. My stew is usually boiling/simmering for about 15-20 minutes..
- Depending on the flavors you might want present, you might want to hold some ingredients till the last five minutes to preserve more of their taste..