Delicious Gochujang: The No. 1 Korean Seasoning Ingredient!.
You can cook Delicious Gochujang: The No. 1 Korean Seasoning Ingredient! using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Delicious Gochujang: The No. 1 Korean Seasoning Ingredient!
- It’s 600 grams of Rice malt miso.
- It’s 350 ml of Hon-mirin.
- It’s 300 grams of Mizuame.
- Prepare 150 grams of Dried red chili peppers (the thin, Korean type).
- You need 100 ml of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 70 of to 80 grams Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- It’s 1 of to 3 cloves, the more the better Garlic.
- It’s 2 of heaping tablespoons White sesame seeds.
Delicious Gochujang: The No. 1 Korean Seasoning Ingredient! instructions
- Grate the onion and garlic. Use the juice that comes out when you grate them, too. (Here I'm grating the onion.).
- Put the miso, syrup, mirin, soy sauce, grated garlic and onion in a deep frying pan and mix. Don't turn on the heat yet..
- When everything is mixed together, switch on the heat to low. Cook while mixing constantly until it starts to bubble. When it's bubbling gently, turn off the heat..
- Add the red chili pepper little by little, mixing all the while to make it smooth..
- Add the granulated sugar little by little, stirring constantly..
- Add the ground sesame seeds while mixing..
- The paste is now finished. Let it cool down, then store in the refrigerator..
- This is how much is made with this recipe. It's ready to eat after 5 days. You can store it in the refrigerator for more than a year..
- These are dried Korean chili peppers. From left to right: Coarse, medium and thin. For gochujang, use half medium and half thin, or all thin..