Mandu Dumplings and Tteokbokki.
You can cook Mandu Dumplings and Tteokbokki using 29 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mandu Dumplings and Tteokbokki
- It’s of Tteokbokki.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Ricecakes (Hard to find, Had to order these online).
- It’s 2 Cups of Anchovy & Kelp Stock (Or dilute 1 teaspoon of fishsauce per cup of water).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce (Ignore if diluting fish sauce or you'll have very salty tasting tteokbokki).
- It’s 1/2 of Medium Onion.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Gochujang (Korean red pepper paste).
- It’s 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1 of Large Potato, cubed.
- It’s of Mandu Dumplings (You'll have some leftover!).
- Prepare 48 of Won Ton wrappers (12 Oz.).
- You need 1/2 lb. of Meat (Pork or Beef recommended) minced.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Green Onions, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 Cup of Kimchi, finely chopped.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 Cup of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need of Optional Marinade (Slightly Spicy).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Mirin (Rice Vinegar).
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Gochujang.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Ginger.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Limejuice.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Pepper, minced (We use a Ghost Pepper, but that adds a lot of heat.).
Mandu Dumplings and Tteokbokki instructions
- Optional: Mince the beef and marinate for 6 hours. Either way, thoroughly cook the beef in a small pan with some sesame oil. (Might require some seasonings, especially if you're skipping the marinade.).
- In a large bowl, Mix Kimchi, minced cooked beef, green onions, garlic, sesame oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Put about half a spoon of filling into 1 won ton wrapper. You can fold them in a variety of ways, but the simplicity of just making a triangle is hard to beat. Simply fold the square into a triangle, using the egg to make an egg wash, and put that on its outer edges. Use a fork to press the edges together and create a good seal..
- You can fry the bottoms, and then boil them like pot stickers; Or heat up your cup of oil in a tall pan if you don't have a fryer. The oil is too hot if its constantly popping, and making a huge mess(About 350 Degrees). Submerge, or turn dumplings in hot oil till sides are slightly tan. About 1-2 minutes. Set aside on a wire rack to cool; they'll brown as they dry(Another 8-10 minutes)..
- Unless you freshly made your rice cakes, let them soak for about 10 mins until soft. Meanwhile, bring your stock(or diluted fishsauce) to a boil in a pot. Add the gochujang, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper flakes. Mix, then add your rice cakes, potato and onion. Let boil for another 5 minutes, then let simmer for another 6. Add some sesame seeds and serve!.