Gimbap: Korean Nori Seaweed Rolls.
You can have Gimbap: Korean Nori Seaweed Rolls using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gimbap: Korean Nori Seaweed Rolls
- You need 2 of rice bowls full Plain-cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 of sheets ★ Toasted nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 dash of ★ Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of ★ Salt.
- You need 100 grams of △ Ground pork.
- You need 2 tbsp of △ Yakiniku (Japanese BBQ) sauce.
- Prepare 1 of ■ Egg.
- You need 1 dash of ■ Salt.
- You need 2 of ○ Shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 dash of ○ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 4 slice of Kamaboko (or imitation crab stick).
- It’s 2 of bunches Mizuna greens.
- Prepare 1 of Toasted white sesame seeds.
Gimbap: Korean Nori Seaweed Rolls step by step
- Cook the △ ground pork in the yakiniku sauce. Add salt to the ■ egg, Heat some oil in a frying pan and make scrambled eggs. Blanch the mizuna greens in boiling salted water. Slice the ○ shiitake mushrooms, put into a bowl with a little soy sauce, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 15 seconds. Leave as-is to cool..
- Place a sheet of nori seawed on a sushi mat with the non-shiny (rough) side up. Drizzle on some sesame oil and spread it all around using a piece of paper towel. Sprinkle with salt. Spread about 1 bowlful of rice over the nori, and sprinkle on some white sesame seeds..
- Add the prepared fillings from Step 2. Leave a gap in the front and back to make it easier to roll up the roll..
- Pick up the front end of the sushi mat and push it over the filling towards the center in one motion and press. Then keep on rolling without hesitation. The roll looks like this. Some of the filling may be sticking out from the sides, so just push them back in gently and tidy up the roll..
- If you cut the roll with the seam side down, the slices will be nicer looking. Wipe the knife each time you make a cut with a moistened kitchen towel – this way the slices are less likely to fall apart. Cut to whatever thickness you like and enjoy..