Easy and Inexpensive but Yummy Panfried Tofu with Gochujang.
You can have Easy and Inexpensive but Yummy Panfried Tofu with Gochujang using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy and Inexpensive but Yummy Panfried Tofu with Gochujang
- Prepare of The main ingredients.
- Prepare 1 block of Silken tofu (don't use other).
- You need 1 of as much (to taste) Garnishes such as green onion.
- It’s of Sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of Gochujang.
- It’s 3 small of pinches Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 of lightly rounded teaspoon Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mirin.
- You need 5 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Korean chili pepper powder (or coarsely ground chili pepper).
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 1 of Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 of generous amount Sesame oil.
Easy and Inexpensive but Yummy Panfried Tofu with Gochujang instructions
- The ingredients..
- Boil the silken tofu first. By boiling, it firms and hardens a bit, and becomes easier to handle..
- Cut the tofu in half horizontally, and slice about 1.5 cm thick. Place the slices for a while on a tilted cutting board. Drain the tofu well..
- By draining out the water, the tofu flavor becomes more concentrated and delicious To finish draining the tofu, wrap it gently and paper towels and press lightly..
- Let's make the sauce. Combine all the sauce ingredients. I used a finely ground chili powder this time, but coarsely ground chili pepper is fine too. Mix very well..
- Put a generous amount of sesame oil in a large frying pan and heat over low. (The oil will be wiped out later, so it's OK to add a lot here)..
- Coat both sides of the tofu with katakuriko. Shake off the excess, and pan fry over medium heat. Use a big frying pan to keep the pieces from sticking to each other..
- When the tofu is golden brown, wipe off the excess oil in the frying pan with paper towels Otherwise the finished dish will be kind of oily..
- When both sides are browned (and the surface has hardened), add half the sauce to the frying pan..
- Swirl the frying pan to coat the tofu with the sauce. When the sauce is bubbling and has started to thicken, turn the tofu pieces over..
- Add the rest of the sauce. Swirl the frying pan again to coat the tofu with the sauce..
- When the tofu has been coated with the sauce, it's done. It took 5 minutes maybe? Add some green onions or something as garnish. This dish is so good..
- I can eat 3 entire bowlfuls of rice with it. It's also great as a drinking appetizer too. Don't drink too much..
- Korean chili pepper is not too hot and has a sweet aroma, so use it for this recipe..