Nanohana and Squid with Gochujang. Grab the body in one hand and the head in the other. Firmly pull apart with a slight twisting motion. The head and innards should easily slip Remove the skin from the flesh and the beak from the center of the tentacles.
Skip the frying process and grill the whole squid on your frying pan. So today, I wanted to show you how to pan-fry it and eat it with a delicious tangy gochujang sauce. The sauce is spicy so you will need to it with a bowl of hot rice. You can have Nanohana and Squid with Gochujang using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nanohana and Squid with Gochujang
- Prepare 1 bunch of Nanohana.
- Prepare 1/2 of Squid (torso).
- You need of Gochujang sauce (easy to make amount).
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆Japanese leek (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ☆Garlic (grated).
- You need 4 tsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ☆Gochujang.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ☆Rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆Lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of plus ☆Raw cane sugar (or regular sugar).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ☆Ground sesame seeds.
- You need 1/2 of to 1 tablespoon ☆Sesame oil.
Corn syrup, dried shredded pollock, garlic, hot pepper paste, olive oil, rice syrup, sesame oil, sesame seeds, vegetable oil. Gochujang is a red chile paste that also contains glutinous rice, fermented soybeans, salt, and sometimes sweeteners. It's a thick, sticky condiment Think of gochujang as similar to miso paste — a little goes a long way, but it's also very versatile. Gochujang can be used in marinades for meat.
Nanohana and Squid with Gochujang instructions
- Make the gochujang sauce. Combine the ☆ ingredients in the listed order. You can store it in the refrigerator for a few days..
- Cut 5 mm off the stem ends of the nanohana. Soak in lukewarm water for a while then drain. This makes them firm and crisp even after they are boiled..
- Bring plenty of water to a boil in a pot and add salt. Quickly blanch the peeled squid in the boiling water first and take it out to strain out the water. When it has cooled down, cut into 5 mm thick, 3-4 cm long pieces..
- Boil the nanohana in the Step 3 boiling water. Put the stem ends in first, then push the rest in and boil quickly. Strain and refresh in cold water immediately. Squeeze out excess water..
- Cut the Step 4 nanohana into 4 cm long pieces. Slice the thick parts of the stems in half lengthwise..
- Put the Step 3 squid and Step 5 nanohana in a bowl. Add some of the Step 1 gochujang sauce..
- Transfer to serving plates and it's done. You can add some additional ground sesame seeds (not listed) on top if you like..
Added more gochujang and a splash of fish sauce, more scallions, too. A twist on a traditional Mediterranean seafood stew that wowed our guests. The juicy crisp taste of fresh cucumbers are perfect match with our Gochujang sauces. In a medium bowl, mix cucumbers with Gochujang sauce until well combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate and eat within a few hours.