Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ"). I'm eventually posting a video for bulgogi today. I posted a simple bulgogi recipe a few years ago but it was without a video. Delicious bulgogi depends on three things: a good cut of beef, a delicious marinade, and the method you use to cook it.
With this, you can make mildly sweet, savory, smoky, juicy and tender delicious bulgogi. WHAT IS BULGOGI Literally speaking, bulgogi (불고기) means 'fire meat'. It is often made with tender parts of beef, pork or chicken. You can have Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ")
- Prepare 2 pounds of beef (ribeye or skirt steak work well), very thinly sliced. I don't recommend super lean cuts for this preparation.
- You need 1 of whole green onion (white and green parts) chopped.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of finely minced garlic (about 3 cloves).
- Prepare 1/4 of of a sweet apple, finely grated (you can use 3 Tablespoons apple sauce in a pinch) to tenderize and sweeten.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of regular soy sauce.
However, in Bulgogi (불고기), also known as Korean BBQ beef, is marinated thinly sliced beef. While it can be made with other meats such as chicken (dak bulgogi) and pork (dweji bulgogi), the term "bulgogi" generally refers to beef bulgogi. While this Korean marinated beef is most commonly char grilled at restaurants and homes, especially outside Korea, there are many regional variations of how this. Bulgogi which literally means 'fire meat' is an amazing Korean BBQ grilled beef dish that will make anyone a fan of Korean food once you taste it.
Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") step by step
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl and ideally allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. For me, the best way to get all the meat evenly seasoned is to get in there with your hands and mix and massage to distribute all the seasonings thoroughly and evenly..
- PAN FRY OR SAUTE METHOD: Cook the meat in four separate batches on an oil (about 1.5 teaspoons per batch) pan preheated to medium high, for 2.5 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all pieces are cooked. If you, like I, love onions, you can saute some 1/4-inch thick pieces of sliced onions with each batch..
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat the oven to 425F. Mix an additional 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons oil in with the meat and spread the meat evenly in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan or broiler pan. Place the pan about 4 inches under the heat element and cook for 15 minutes..
- GRILL METHOD: You'll need a grill basket or screen to keep the meat from falling through the slats. Spread the meat in a single layer and cook over medium high heat (and at least 5 inches above the goals or gas element) until the meat is cooked. 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut and grill heat..
- Enjoy! :).
Pork Bulgogi – Spicy Korean Daeji Bulgogi BBQ. Adjustable Ingredients appear in Recipe Card below. Traditionally, thinly sliced pieces from the neck, shoulder or hind leg (ham area) are used for pork bulgogi. Bulgogi (불고기; / b ʊ l ˈ ɡ oʊ ɡ iː / bool-GOH-gee; from Korean bul-gogi [pul.ɡo.ɡi]), literally "fire meat", is a gui (구이; Korean-style grilled or roasted dish) made of thin, marinated slices of beef or pork grilled on a barbecue or on a stove-top griddle. It is also often stir-fried in a pan in home cooking.