Rolled Bibimbap with Beef. Bibimbap simply translates to "mixed rice with meat and assorted vegetables". More traditional and authentic versions of Bibimbap are made with raw beef and raw egg yolk along with other vegetables, but I prefer making mine with cooked ingredients. Carrot, eggs, fernbrake, garlic, ground beef, hot pepper paste, rice, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, soybean sprouts, spinach, vegetable oil, zucchini.
Bibimbap was my first introduction to Korean food. Meaning, "mixed rice," a bibimbap recipe is comprised of warm rice topped with different seasoned vegetables, sauce like gochujang (korean red pepper paste), and. This quick and easy bibimbap combines marinated beef sirloin steak with spinach, daikon radish, and bean sprouts over a bed of leftover rice. You can cook Rolled Bibimbap with Beef using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rolled Bibimbap with Beef
- It’s 12 slice of Thinly sliced beef.
- It’s 360 ml of Hot cooked rice.
- You need 1 of Namul (various Korean vegetable side dishes) (store-bought pre-prepared ones are fine).
- It’s 100 grams of Kimchi.
- Prepare 1 of Bulgogi sauce (Korean BBQ sauce).
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake (for preparing the beef).
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper (for preparing the beef).
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 12 of leaves Lettuce leaves (or other leaves) for wrapping.
Bibimbap with Beef. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Bibimbap (BEE-bim-bap) is a bowl of warm white rice topped with an assortment of sauteéd and seasoned vegetables, gochujang (or other chili pepper paste), a fried egg Ingredients in this Korean Beef Bibimbap Recipe. I decided to make this bibimbap recipe a mix of traditional with non-traditional. Bibimbap, sometimes romanized as bi bim bap or bi bim bop, is a Korean rice dish.
Rolled Bibimbap with Beef step by step
- It is easier if you use store-bought namuls. I made them myself this time, so here's how to do it. For the bean sprout namul: discard the roots of 1/2 packet of bean sprouts and put in a sauce pan with water to cover. Bring to a boil and drain. Season with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds while hot..
- For sweet spinach namul: rinse 1/2 a bag of spinach (5 bunches), parboil, drain and squeeze excess water. Cut into 4 cm lengths and mix with 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Leave to cool..
- For refreshing carrot namul: peel 1/2 of carrot and julienne. Put in a sauce pan with water to cover and bring to a boil. Drain and mix with 1 teaspoon of vinegar, a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Leave to cool..
- Thoroughly mix the rice, namuls and kimchi together. Divide into 12 equal portions..
- Spread the sliced beef on plastic wrap. Squeeze the portioned rice gently into shape (if it is too sticky, use plastic wrap) and place on the sliced beef. Roll the rice with beef by using the plastic wrap, and shape into barrels. Take off the plastic wrap and place the rolls with the joint side down on a preheated, oiled pan..
- Brown all over and season with bulgogi sauce. Lay on lettuce leaves and serve. Even after these have cooled down, they're still good..
- If you cut one of these, it should look like this..
- If you have left over bibimbap rice, just roll it with plastic wrap to make bibimbars..
The term "bibim" means mixing various ingredients, while the "bap" noun refers to rice. Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (sautéed and seasoned vegetables) or kimchi. Bibimbap – Trust the Koreans to transform the humble rice bowl into an epic recipe beloved around the world! The Bibimbap Sauce is the crowning glory here. I am a little obsessed with Bibimbap.