Grilled Kalbi Skewers (for Cookouts).
You can have Grilled Kalbi Skewers (for Cookouts) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Kalbi Skewers (for Cookouts)
- Prepare of I use American cup measurements in this recipe (1 cup = 240 ml).
- It’s 400 grams of Kalbi beef (short ribs).
- It’s of For the marinade:.
- You need 100 ml of Brown sugar.
- You need 100 ml of Soy sauce.
- It’s 50 ml of Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion Onion (finely chopped).
- You need 2 clove of Garlic (finely chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 1/2 stalk of Japanese leek (sliced thinly into rounds).
Grilled Kalbi Skewers (for Cookouts) step by step
- Prepare the meat by slicing it into bite-sized pieces. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix together..
- Place your bite-size cubes of beef and the marinade from Step 1 into a Ziploc bag or similar. Make sure you create a vacuum and press out any excess air. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours to overnight..
- Once your cubes of beef have been thoroughly marinated, skewer them on bamboo sticks. (It'll be easier to push the skewers through if you soak them in water beforehand.).
- Once you cook both sides for 3-4 minutes each, you're all done! When preparing these for home parties, it might be better to remove the cubes of meat from their skewers and plate them before serving..