Korean Fried Chicken.
You can cook Korean Fried Chicken using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Fried Chicken
- Prepare of coating.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of cornflour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of bbq sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sweet chilli.
- You need 2 tbsp of hot sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- You need 2 of chopped garlic cloves.
- It’s of batter.
- It’s 60 g of cornflour.
- You need 25 g of breadcrumbs.
- You need 30 g of plain flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black onion seeds/onion powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 90 ml of vodka.
- You need of vegetable oil (frying).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hot sauce.
Korean Fried Chicken instructions
- Coating- combine all ingredients bar chicken.
- Add chicken, coat and set aside.
- BBQ sauce- combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for 3 mins until slightly thickened and set aside.
- For the chicken, place a large, wide, pan over a medium-high heat, fill with oil (at least 5cm deep) and heat.
- Batter- Whisk together dry ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, vodka and 240ml water.
- Just before you're ready to cook the chicken, whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and coat chicken.
- Cook the chicken in 2 batches for 8-10 mins in the hot oil until crispy (turn about).