Tofu Tacos. Use your hands to crumble the tofu into a medium bowl. Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder. These Vegan Tofu Taco Crumbles are chewy and perfectly spiced.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. We are always looking for new vegan recipes that the whole family enjoys and these tofu tacos are our newest obsession! EASY Tofu Tacos- this vegan taco meat is made with tofu crumbles and quinoa. You can cook Tofu Tacos using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu Tacos
- Prepare 1 package of extra firm tofu, mashed.
- You need 1/2 packet of taco seasoning.
- You need 5 grinds of black pepper.
- You need 3 grinds of Himalayan pink salt.
- Prepare 3 shakes of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 10 shakes of charcoal barbecue seasoning.
- You need 4 grinds of hilli & garlic seasoning.
- Prepare 5 squirts of sriracha sauce.
- You need 1 squirt of lemon or lime juice.
- Prepare 1/3 jar of Korean barbecue or sweet chilli cooking sauce.
- It’s 2 handfuls of fresh or frozen vegetables, diced or sliced.
- You need 9 of whole wheat tortillas.
It's easy to throw together and SO TASTY! These crispy tofu tacos may sound weird but after you experience this ultimate vegetarian taco with our scallion cilantro sauce, these crispy tofu tacos may sway you to the vegetarian side! These Vegan Tacos are made with tofu taco "meat" that is baked to chewy, flavorful perfection! Your house is going to smell amazing while you make these vegan tacos!
Tofu Tacos instructions
- Mix all ingredients together, excluding the vegetables and tortillas.
- Add mixture and vegetables to large pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Serve on 3 tortillas per person.
The tofu is crumbled and mixed. Add tofu, season with salt, and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and crisp around the edges Divide rice among bowls. Top with tofu mixture, cabbage, avocado, queso fresco, and cilantro. Spice up Taco Tuesday with these flavorful and meatless Asian tofu tacos. The tofu is crispy and flavorful and pairs great with the crunchy and refreshing slaw.