Spicy Korean Chicken Wings.
You can cook Spicy Korean Chicken Wings using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Korean Chicken Wings
- Prepare 1 1/2 kilogram of chicken wings.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 inch of ginger, minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- You need 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tablespoon of gochujang.
Spicy Korean Chicken Wings instructions
- Preheat oven to 120 Celsius (250 Fahrenheit)..
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack in the baking tray. Spray/brush the wire rack with oil to prevent sticking. Set aside..
- Pat the chicken wings with a paper towel until really dry. Toss the wings with baking powder and salt until well coated. Place the wings on the wire rack, and make sure the wings are not touching one another..
- Bake for 30 minutes on lower rack. Then increase the oven temperature to 220 Celsius (425 Fahrenheit), transfer the wings to an upper rack, and continue baking until the wings are golden brown and crispy, about 45 minutes..
- Meanwhile, we will make the sauce. Heat the oil in a large frying pan/wok on medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Lower heat to a medium-low, add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Mix well and stir into a homogenous looking sauce. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat but there is no need to remove pan/wok from heat sauce to keep the sauce warm..
- Once the chicken wings are out from the oven, add them to the sauce. Toss to coat the wings evenly with sauce..
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds or crushed toasted peanuts. Serve hot..