Jjolmyeon (Spicy Chewy Noodles.
You can cook Jjolmyeon (Spicy Chewy Noodles using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jjolmyeon (Spicy Chewy Noodles
- Prepare 14 ounces of jjolmyeon, 쫄면 (refrigerated or frozen).
- Prepare 6 ounces of kongnamul, 콩나물(soybean sprouts),.
- Prepare 3 ounces of green cabbage.
- You need 1 ounce of red cabbage (optional).
- It’s 1/2 of carrot.
- It’s 1/2 of small cucumber.
- You need 1 of hard boiled egg.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of gochugaru, 고추가루, (preferably finely ground),,.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of gochujang, 고추장.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornsyrup, oligodang, 올리고당.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice (or maesilcheong, 매실청, apple juice, or lemon soft drink).
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (preferably finely ground).
- You need pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
Jjolmyeon (Spicy Chewy Noodles instructions
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, and mix well..
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and add the soybean sprouts. Close the lid, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Quickly transfer the sprouts to a bowl of cold water to cool, saving the cooking liquid, which can be used as a soup. (See note.) Drain the sprouts..
- Thinly slice the cabbages, and cut the carrot and cucumber into matchsticks..
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions (usually about 5 minutes). Drain quickly and rinse in icy cold water until the noodles are very cold. Make two one-serving size mounds. Place the mounds in a colander to drain..
- Place the noodles in the middle of a serving bowl and nicely arrange the cold vegetables over the noodles. The sauce can be served on top or separately. You can also mix the noodles and vegetables with the sauce before serving. Place a half of the boiled egg on top to serve..