Chinese Chicken Wings.
You can have Chinese Chicken Wings using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Chicken Wings
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Water.
- You need 1/3 cup of Rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Naturally brewed soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Hoisin sauce.
- You need 1 stick of Cinnamon.
- You need 2 each of Star anise.
- It’s 1 head of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of Scallions.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 packages of Chicken wings (or drums) Aprox 10-12 each.
- Prepare 1 large of White onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
Chinese Chicken Wings step by step
- Chop garlic (big or little, however you prefer) and add to a large mixing bowl..
- Slice whole onion and also add to the bowl..
- Add all the other ingredients to the mixing bowl except the chicken, scallions and sesame seeds..
- Heat a medium sized pot to medium heat. Add oil and wait til it's up to temp before adding chicken. Brown chicken on each side..
- After it's done browning add all the contents of the mixing bowl..
- Bring it to a simmer and then stir a few times. Place lid on pot and turn down heat to low..
- Let it sit for Aprox 20 min until it starts to thicken. Once it starts to thicken start stirring until all the sauce has covered the wings and it's nicely glazed. (Be aware the chicken might fall off bone when mixing due to how scrumptious they are.).
- Slice scallions on a thin bias using only the green part and sprinkle on top along with sesame seeds. Serve and ENJOY! :).