Tamarind-chipotle Chicken Wings.
You can have Tamarind-chipotle Chicken Wings using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tamarind-chipotle Chicken Wings
- It’s 12 of Chicken wings.
- You need 8 oz of Tamarind fruit.
- Prepare 4 of Chipotle peppers.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Knorr chicken flavor bouillon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of clover honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 cup of boiling water.
Tamarind-chipotle Chicken Wings step by step
- If necessary, wash and/or thaw chicken wings. Season with Goya all-purpose seasoning or just salt and pepper. Set aside..
- Now for the fun part, getting the pulp from the tamarind fruit. Begin with 2 cups of water – bring to a boil. Meanwhile, peel the tamarind. Remove as much peel as possible without being too meticulous. Throw the fruit into the boiling water. Stir, stir, stir, until all the pulp dissolves. Strain the saucy pulp using a colander with big holes. Get rid of the seeds and remaining skin, you won't need them. Or just chew on them! 😜.
- Next, we'll make the sauce. Please note, acidity in tamarind fruit may vary. For this reason, it is necessary that you adjust acidity to your liking. Brown sugar can be used for fine-tuning. Just don't make it too sweet!.
- Pour all the ingredients in the blender. (except for the Chicken Wings, of course 😃) Switch it on and blend until smooth..
- Taste! Sauce should be sweet and sour. A little spicy and a little Smokey, perfect! If it's too sweet, well… Not so good. If necessary, add brown sugar and blend little by little..
- Preheat oven to 400°F Put wings in oven safe dish. Brush tamarind-chipotle sauce over wings generously..
- Bake for 30 minutes. Take wings out. Remove "juice." Flip, brush sauce on wings. Just pour the remainder of the sauce over the wings, it won't hurt 😃..
- Bake for an additional 15 to 30 minutes. Check wings with fork after 15 minutes. Aim for juiciness and tenderness. TIP: the secret to perfectly glazed wings is to not move wings too much. Just let the sauce get thick and yummy on top of the wings..
- PS: if you wish to accelerate the cooking process and increase crispiness of wings, pan fry them first. On a medium pan, pour a little olive oil and fry wings using medium-high fire. Don't let the wings cook all the way through. Only the outside should become a little browned. Then bake as per above. This will inevitably reduce the juiciness of the Chicken..
- Enjoy while still hot! Happy cooking 😃..