Dan Dan noodle (easy version).
You can have Dan Dan noodle (easy version) using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dan Dan noodle (easy version)
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil (I used peanut).
- You need 1/2 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 piece (2 inch) of ginger, minced or grated.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- It’s 1/2 lb of long noodles.
- Prepare of Spicy.
- It’s 1 of each use only one of the spicy, these are some options, adjust to your liking.
- You need 2 tbsp of gochujang (Korean chilli paste).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chilli paste, like samba oelek.
- Prepare of garnish.
- Prepare 1 of each green onion, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cilantro, fresh.
Dan Dan noodle (easy version) instructions
- In a medium size pan or skillet, heat the oil, medium-high heat, and when hot add the ground beef and cook until done, chopping into smaller pieces as you cook it..
- Remove cooked beef to a bowl with paper towels..
- Reduce heat to medium, add chopped onion and cook, stirring a little, until translucent. Scrap up any of the beef bits left in the pan, into the onions as it cooks.
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the stock (or water), soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and peanut butter..
- Add your spicy ingredient of choice, but only one, I just listed a variety so you knew it wasn't all that difficult. My preference is the gochujang, but you can't always get that..
- Add your cooked beef back in, stir to mix well. Bring up to a simmer..
- Cook your noodles to al-dente, our just under done, not soft. I prefer a whole grain noodle, and something like spaghetti or linguini sized.
- Cook your beef mixture until it is the thickness you desire. I like a gravy/sauce thickness myself..
- Drain your noodles when done, add a little butter or oil so they don't stick together.
- Add the noodles to individual bowls, add the beef mixture on top, garnish and serve.