Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice (김치볶음밥).
You can cook Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice (김치볶음밥) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice (김치볶음밥)
- It’s 5-6 cups of steamed white rice (preferably a little stale).
- You need 2 cups of chopped kimchi (in 1/2-inch strips).
- Prepare 6 strips of bacon cut in 1/2-inch strips.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of neutral flavored oil (not EVOO) OR 2 Tablespoons oil + 1 Tablespoon butter.
- You need 1-1.5 Tablespoons of gochujang (if you like it less hot, start with 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce instead and add more to taste).
- It’s 1-3 teaspoons of sugar, depending on how sweet you like your food.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil to finish.
- It’s 1 of green onion, chopped, for garnish.
Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice (김치볶음밥) instructions
- In a large wok or skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Put the bacon in and render it until it looks like this:.
- Add in the kimchi and sugar and stir/sautee for two minutes..
- Then add in the gochujang and saute for another minute or so. Check the seasoning and adjust if needed. Maybe a pinch more sugar, maybe the rest of that gochujang. Remember, however salty or spicy it is at this point will be diluted a bit by all that rice. But don't go overboard with the seasoning just yet. You can always add more stuff later, but you can't take it away..
- Add the rice and, using your spoon or spatula, make chopping motions into the rice to break it up as completely as you can so it'll get evenly seasoned..
- If the rice is beginning to stick to your pan, turn the heat down to medium low at this point and taste one last time to adjust seasoning if necessary. Remember to cool it down by blowing on it before tasting. You can't taste the level of seasoning as accurately when the food is hot, and you might think it less salty, sweet or spicy than it really is..
- And finally, add the toasted sesame oil, and toss in thoroughly to season the rice evenly. If you like little crunchy bits in your fried rice, now is the time to let it sit undisturbed for another 3 or 4 minutes on the medium-low flame and let the rice on the bottom toast up a bit. Serve sprinkled with chopped green onions, and maybe even a fried egg on top if you're up for it..
- Enjoy! :).