Cornbread with kimchi and cheddar. What's in This Cheddar Jalapeño Cornbread? The base of this cornbread is the simple part, and is basically the classic recipe from the side of the box of Bake the jalapeño cornbread with creamed corn until it's slightly browned on top and the edges are pulling away from the sides of the skillet. No mix needed to make these savory cornbread muffins, made with cornmeal, sour cream, chopped corn, and Cheddar cheese.
Crumbled cornbread is combined with bacon, vegetables, and a flavorful mayo dressing. Cornbread Salad With Bacon, Cheddar, and Ranch. Serve this cheddar cornbread recipe with chili or ribs. You can have Cornbread with kimchi and cheddar using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cornbread with kimchi and cheddar
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of gochujang.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of cornmeal (fine).
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of kimchi (diced).
- It’s of grated cheddar cheese.
We like to serve this Cheddar cornbread with chili or even ribs. The addition of whole corn kernels makes the texture a little more interesting, but you can leave them out with no problem. Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread with Sweet Honey Butter. This cornbread is the perfect side dish for all those soups and chilis this Fall season.
Cornbread with kimchi and cheddar step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F if you're doing muffins or 375 if you're doing a big pan..
- Melt butter, then whisk with eggs, milk, and gochujang. You can leave out the gochujang if you dont want the extra heat..
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients. You should have a consistency like a thick pancake batter..
- Stir in the diced kimchi..
- Grease your pan, then pour in the batter..
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar on top. Doesn't really matter how much you put so feel free to go crazy..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, and check with a toothpick if it comes out clean..
The best, easy to make cornbread dressed up with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and diced up jalapeño. Making homemade cornbread is SO easy. Deliciously moist cornbread with bits of corn, jalapeno, and cheddar. Baking the cornbread in a preheated cast-iron skillet gives it a crisp brown crust and a moist interior. Cheddar Cornbread. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.