Simplified Dak Galbi.
You can cook Simplified Dak Galbi using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simplified Dak Galbi
- It’s 500 g of boneless chicken thighs.
- You need 140 g of green cabbage.
- You need 1 of small Korean sweet potato, goguma 고구마 (about 5 ounces).
- Prepare 6 of – 8 kkaennip 깻잎 (perilla leaves).
- It’s 2 of scallions.
- It’s of carrot (optional).
- You need of onions (optional).
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- Prepare 1-1/2 of to 2 tablespoons gochugaru (Korean red chili pepper flakes).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Korean curry powder 카레가루 (optional).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of rice wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of corn syrup (or more sugar).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of gochujang (Korean red chili pepper paste).
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of water.
Simplified Dak Galbi step by step
- Mix all the sauce ingredients well in a bowl..
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Mix with the sauce (reserving one tablespoon if you’re going to make fried rice at the end) and marinate while preparing vegetables..
- Cut the sweet potato in half lengthwise and then thinly slice crosswise and slightly diagonally. Cut the cabbage, kkaennip, and scallion into small pieces..
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. You can add a tablespoon of oil if you want, but this is not necessary. Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and cabbages. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat if the ingredients stick to the pan. The steam from the vegetables should keep them from sticking to the pan. You can also add a couple spoons of water if the pan gets too dry..
- Serve when the chicken is cooked through!.