Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken).
You can cook Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken)
- You need 500 gr of boneless chicken meat.
- You need 125 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare to taste of white pepper powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 50 gr of potato starch or cornstarch.
- Prepare 500 ml of vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Gochujang (Korean red chili pepper).
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- It’s to taste of white pepper powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of toasted sesame.
Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) instructions
- In a bowl, soak chicken in milk. Cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Drain thoroughly..
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Season with salt, white pepper powder, garlic, and ginger. Let it stand for 20-30 minutes..
- In a pan, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Bring it boil. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until it thickens slightly, for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Coat the chicken evenly with potato starch or cornstarch. Shake the excess flour off. Heat the vegetable oil until it starts smoking (more or less 350 F). Divide the chicken in 2 batches. Drop the chicken pieces in one at a time. Fry until light golden brown for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set them on a wire rack or a paper-towel lined plate. Do the same thing with the 2nd batch..
- Reheat the vegetable oil (350 F). Deep fry the chicken pieces for the 2nd time for 30-40 seconds. You can do this in 1 batch..
- Heat the sauce over medium low heat. Add the chicken and stir well until they’re evenly coated. Garnish with toasted sesame..
- Enjoy! 😊.