Kimchi Batch 2.
You can have Kimchi Batch 2 using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kimchi Batch 2
- It’s 6 cups of savory cabbage.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of large granny smith apple.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Korean gochujang paste.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s As needed of water and salt 1/2 tablespoon salt to 1 cup water.
Kimchi Batch 2 instructions
- Remove core of the cabbage. Chop the cabbage into kinda large pieces. Separate the layers/leaves from each other so the gochujang mixture can coat all the pieces of cabbage..
- Peel and core the apple a slice into little pieces. Make the carrots into little sticks..
- Add water to a bowl. Stir in the gochujang paste, ginger, garlic, and onion powder. When you go to pour this out take some of the chopped cabbage, and put into bowl to help to get all this paste out and onto the cabbage mix..
- Put the apple, carrots, and gochujang paste in a big mixing nonreactive bowl. Massage the vegetables. I recommend using a food grade glove for this. Let rest covered for 15-20 minutes. Now put into a sterilized jar. I used a 46 ounce jar..
- Mix the salt water solution of 1/2 tablespoon salt and 1 cup hot tap water. Note if your tap water contains chlorine or fluoride use bottled water. Put a big piece of cabbage leaf on top and put the fermenting weight on top. Cover with salt water solution. Let the jar sit in a bowl to catch the overflow of liquids. Let ferment for at least 2 weeks..