Korean hotpot. Learn how to make popular Korean hot pot dish – Budae Jjigae (Army stew or Army base stew)! It is loaded with Kimchi, spam, sausages, ramen noodles and much more! Korean hot pot dish is one of the most frequently requested recipes from my readers.
We combined two of our favorites into one new unique dining experience. Cook your favorite Korean BBQ and enjoy your tasty hot pot broth at the same time, at the same table. You are really there for the full experience anyways. You can have Korean hotpot using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean hotpot
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot.
- You need Bunch of spinnach.
- Prepare 5-6 of small champignon mushroom.
- It’s 1 bunch of bean sprout.
- Prepare 100 gr of minced meat (beef or pork).
- It’s of Gochujang (korean chilli paste).
- Prepare of Oil to cook.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Steam rice.
- You need of Chopped garlic (1 clove).
- Prepare 1 of egg or 1 yol (sunny side up or raw yolk).
Pour the broth in a hot pot (or sauce pan) and place it on the portable stove. You don't have to start with all the broth you made. You can start with some then add more as the liquid evaporates while eating. Prepare the thinly sliced beef sirloin (the thinner the better).
Korean hotpot instructions
- Cut carrot, zucchini into matchsticks like form, blanch bean sprout and move into ice bath immidiately. Thinly sliced the mushroom. set aside..
- Sauteed carrot, zucchini, mushroom seperately, seasoned with salt and pepper just to taste. Strain bean sprout and dazzle with sesame oil.
- Heat your pan add oil and add minced garlic when it started to brown and fragrant add the minced meat and cook until medium rare then add equal part gochujang paste and a little bit of pepper, stir fry until well cooked (no salt needed)..
- Assembling part. Prep your hotpot and oil the surface then take steam rice and put into the hotpot, gently press with spoon until well set in the bottom of the pot, then add in the carrot, zuchinni,mushroom,bean sprout around on top of the rice leave room in the middle for the meat until everything is set, heat the pot and cook until you hear the crackling sound (10-15 min small heat)..
- When it's done, put sunny side up/raw yolk on top in the middle and stir everything until well combined. Serve while it's hot.
- Tips for simple step : just stir fry and season all the veggie all at once and drain the juice. Afterall youre gonna mess it all up in the end 🤣. Save you the dragging steps..
Haemul jeongol is made with an assortment of seafood. It's totally versatile so you can use any kind or combination of seafood. I generally use a combination of crabs, shrimp, clams, mussels, squid, octopus, and firm white flesh fish, depending on what I have in the freezer. Korean Beef Hot Pot AKA Bulgogi Hot Pot! I tried my best to make this recipe with common ingredients that you can find at any regular grocery stores as possible, so hopefully this recipe is helpful!