Korean fried chicken.
You can cook Korean fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean fried chicken
- You need 2 of # chicken (I used wings and drumettes).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of potato starch (you can sub tapioca or corn starch).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of gochujang paste (can sub Sriracha or sambal).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 oz of Mirin (can sub rice wine vin or similar).
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 quart of grapeseed oil (can sub oil of your choice) for frying.
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
Korean fried chicken step by step
- Heat your oil to 350°- 375°.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl put your potato starch. Individually coat your chicken..
- While oil is hot, fry your chicken for 12-14 minutes. Your going to double fry**.
- In a skillet, heat your sesame oil. Add your garlic, ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add your mirin, soy sauce and gochujang. Simmer for 5 minutes and add your brown sugar at the the last minute..
- After you're 12 minutes of frying the chicken, pull out of the oil and let sit for 1 minute. Add your chicken back into the oil and fry for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. (This assures your chicken is super crispy).
- After your chicken is fried for the second time, toss in your sauce or serve it on the side and enjoy! You can also garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if you want more presentation..